Go on a guided tour of San José and learn more about Costa Rica and life in the capital.
After the welcome meeting at the office of our Costa Rican partner, you will be picked up by a local guide, who will take you on an exciting guided tour of the city on foot.
The tour takes you past some of the capital’s most important historical buildings and monuments, and your guide will tell you about their history. On the tour, you will also learn all the weird and wonderful things you need to know about Costa Rica and the country’s traditions.
The tour rounds off at the city’s largest market, Mercado Central. Established in 1880, the market consists of more than 200 shops, stalls and cafés as well as restaurants. You can buy everything here, from Costa Rican coffee, fruit and spices to knick-knacks, shoes and local crafts.
You choose whether to go back to the hotel or stay at the market and shop for souvenirs and perhaps enjoy a local lunch here. Your guide will tell you how get back to the hotel, which is an easy, 10–15-minute walk from there (transportation back to the hotel is not included).
Duration: approx. 2 hours
The price applies when there are at least 2 people.
|Per person: £30|
- Highlights of Costa Rica with Beach Holiday at Playa Sámara
- Highlights of Costa Rica with Beach Holiday in Manuel Antonio
- Self-drive – Highlights of Costa Rica with Beach Holiday at Playa Sámara
- Self-drive – Highlights of Costa Rica with Beach Holiday in Manuel Antonio
- Costa Rica with Corcovado National Park