Why should you holiday in Mexico?
Mexico is home to one of the world’s largest cities, the cultural and historical treasures of the Maya and Aztec civilisations and picturesque beaches that will take your breath away. Here, you have the opportunity to experience colourful and vibrant culture, ancient history and stunning scenery in a beautiful union.
Choose a holiday in Mexico and enjoy the experience of a lifetime, whether you’re into culture, history or amazing outdoor experiences and legendary beaches.
What will you experience on our tours?
We currently offer five tours to Mexico, two of which combine the best of Mexico and Guatemala.
Mexico is very much the product of its historical background with the culture of the Maya and Aztec civilisations. History permeates much of Mexico’s biggest attractions and experiences.
Mexico also offers truly wonderful and diverse nature and fabulous beaches.
Mexico City is one of the world’s biggest cities – if not the biggest.
The city is built on top the ruins of the Aztecs’ ancient capital, Tenochtitlán, and you can feel this. In Mexico City, the Aztec ruins lie alongside the city skyscrapers, giving you a feel of the city and its historical background.
Mexico City is a melting pot of experiences, and it can be difficult to choose between all the different sights.
From the main square – the Zocalo – you have access to three of the city’s biggest attractions:
- the National Palace (Palacio Nacional), where you can see Diego Rivera’s murals
- The famous Cathedral, Metropolitana, which is one of the world’s largest and oldest cathedrals
- Templo Mayor, which are the ruins of the former Aztec capital, Tenochtitlan
Mexico also offers a vibrant nightlife with plenty of opportunities to dance, listen to music and eat delicious food, whether you’re into street food or gourmet cuisine.
The Yucatán Peninsula
The Yucatán peninsula is a place favoured by many for their holiday in Mexico, where you will find beautiful beaches and countless opportunities to head off on adventure, be it a beach holiday or a visit to some of the ancient, iconic sights
To the north of the Yucatan Peninsula, you will find Chichen Itza. The ruin city is one of the biggest tourist attractions in Mexico, if not the biggest. Chichen Itza is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and when you visit the city, you will understand why. The archaeological site testifies to the impressive community, which the Mayans managed to build some 1,500 years ago.
At Chichen Itza, you can see the famous 25-metre-high pyramid, El Castillo. El Castillo was named one of the world’s seven new wonders in 2007, and is well worth a visit.
Playa del Carmen
On the Yucatan Peninsula, you will also find beautiful Playa del Carmen, which was originally a fishing village, but is better known today for its beautiful white beaches, its crystal clear water and its lively promenade.
Playa del Carmen offers ample opportunity for you to participate in water sports, shop in Plaza Mayor or simply laze on the beach and enjoy life.
Other highlights in Mexico
There is no shortage of amazing sights in Mexico. In addition to the above, you can also discover:
- San Cristobal de las Casas, one of the most beautiful and charming colonial cities in Mexico, located at an altitude of 2,100 metres.
- With its 500+ cataracts large and small, the Cascadas de Agua Azul is one of the most unforgettable natural wonders in Mexico
- Palenque, one of the largest Mayan cities, now surrounded by tropical rainforest and known for its indescribable beauty.
Combine Mexico and Guatemala
Two of our tours combine Mexico with a tour to Guatemala. Guatemala borders Mexico, making a trip to Guatemala an obvious choice.
The two tours take you, among other places, to:
- The Tikal National Park, which was one of the most powerful kingdoms in Mayan times, is one of the largest Maya archaeological sites in Guatemala today.
- The town of Panajachel, which is surrounded by volcanoes and Mayan villages and situated by one of the world’s most scenic lakes, Atilan.
- Antigua, the former capital, which is a cosy city with cobbled streets and colourful colonial buildings.
You visit the above sights on both Guatemala combinations.
Read more and obtain a no-obligation quote
To find out more about our different tours, click on “Read more” on the tour further up the page.
Under each tour, you will find more information about
- The tour’s highlights
- Current prices depending on the date
- What is included in the price
- Itinerary for each day
You can also read more about Mexico on the Practical information about Mexico page.
To obtain a quote for the trip, please fill out the information below “ENQUIRE NOW”. We will then send you a quote based on the information you provide regarding the departure date, airport, etc.
If you then wish to accept the quote, simply follow the instructions in the offer.
If you have any questions, please contact our travel consultants on tel. 0800 121 4744 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our travel consultants are on hand to help answer any questions you may have about Mexico, booking the tour or something else entirely from Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4 pm.
We look forward to helping you on a holiday of a lifetime.
Llamatours.co.uk – The Latin American Experience.